Join Our Team
At Maltra Foods, we believe that the future and the success of our company thrives with our people. United by our desire to help brands succeed – we are proud to have a team that has breathed life into hundreds of the world’s most loved brands and products. View our current job openings below to apply.
About the Company
A market leading and stable company with a fabulous product offering, Maltra Foods has become one of the largest and most reputable manufacturers in our field. Supplying own brand and private label products throughout Australia and overseas in the retail and foodservice sectors, we are driven by a desire to bring great new product ideas to life and manufacture the highest quality food and beverage products.
About The Role
You will play a central role in our business, managing packaging projects for a wide range of both private label and company owned brands across retail and food service categories.
Reporting to the Projects Manager, you will work with our Sales team and their customers to change or update current product packaging, source new packaging solutions and will work closely with R&D team to ensure product labelling compliance. You will co-ordinate with teams across the business to ensure these projects are delivered in full and on time and in accordance with business objectives. Assisting with company own brand projects will also be required from time to time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating clearly defined packaging change/update briefs, working closely with the Sales & Marketing team to understand customer and brand requirements, while considering manufacturing constraints and efficiencies.
- Working closely with current and new packaging suppliers to source packaging options for review and trial with R&D & Engineering team.
- Working with Finance team to cost implications of changes to customer packaging
- Co-ordinating packaging artwork files from initial supply to final proof through liaison with R&D, customers, design agencies, printers and packaging suppliers.
- Co-ordinating and implementing all PEAL (Plain English Allergen Labelling) requirements across private label products.
- Managing Modifications process to communicate packaging updates and change overs internally to relevant teams.
- Supporting the Procurement and Sales teams with run down-management and inventory transition of current to new packaging.
- Managing multiple projects at any one time, ensuring progress updates are communicated and timelines are met for delivery to customer.
- Tracking projects with internal and external follow ups to maintain project momentum.
To be successful in the role you can demonstrate the following :
- Problem solving skills, able to address challenges, identify risks and solve with practical solutions.
- Collaboration skills with the ability to engage cross-functional teams to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to focus and drive progress, working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, methodical and process driven.
- Enthusiasm and proactiveness in working towards continuous improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified in Project Management, Packaging or Food Compliance/Regulation
- Experience, preferably in the food or beverage industry, with an understanding of manufacturing and FSANZ compliance
- Knowledge of and at least 12 months experience working with/developing various types of Packaging and working with print/packaging suppliers
- Understanding of printing types and experience managing artwork files
- Experience in sustainable packaging advantageous
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- A record of delivering multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
What is in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Part of an inclusive and cohesive management team
- Part of a growing Australian business with expansion plans.
- Supportive, friendly and flexible work environment
Note: To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have existing, relevant Australian work rights. The company will not be able to support any sponsorship requirements. At the later stages of the recruitment process, the shortlisted candidate/s will be required to undergo a Police Check as a mandatory part of the process. Additional qualification checks may also be required
You will be an essential part of an inclusive and aligned management team. Apply through Seek with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume.
As we receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies, we will only contact you directly should you be successful through to the next stage of our recruitment process.
No agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Only Australian residents should apply.